If you think about it, your floor is one of the most important parts of your home. You could go with a raw floor, but this can often be tough on your feet and it may cause splinters. In order to choose the right flooring, you need to consider a number of important factors. For instance, you want to consider the size and style of your home and you want to consider your budget. If you don’t consider these factors, your flooring may not match the rest of your home, or if may send you over budget, which can also be a drag. Fortunately, if you put a little thought into it, you will be able to find the ideal flooring. Here is how to select the right flooring for your home.
- Figure out what the base material is – if you live in a more industrial space, you may have concrete floors. If that is the case, you may want to treat the concrete with an epoxy or some kind of resin and leave it as is. If the material is a little rough – as is the case with a lot of homes, you may want to go with a different option.
- Consider wood – when it comes down to it, wood can be a great option if you have the budget. Real hardwood floors – with real wood – can be expensive. This is especially the case if you want a higher quality wood with marquetry or other details. The truth of the matter is that wood can instantly give your home a more glamorous look. If you don’t have the budget, you could go with faux wood or bamboo – when it comes down to it bamboo is sustainable and affordable.
- Think about carpet – if you already have hardwood floors, you may want to go with carpet. Carpet is great because it can protect the wood underneath and it can actually warm up your home. In fact, you can visit the Empire Flooring website to look at a wide selection of carpet swatches – you could even have a representative visit your house. The benefit of going with a comprehensive flooring company is that they will install the carpet as well, so that way you know that you are getting a great deal.
- Go higher end – in some cases, you may want to go a little higher end. Perhaps you have a grander home. If this is the case, you may want to go with marble. The best part about marble is that there are a lot of marble varieties. In fact, you could go for black marble, white marble or even gray marble. Of course, the rarer the marble, the more you will spend, but it will look luxurious.
- Think about the room’s purpose – if you use a certain room for standing or working for long periods of time, you may want to consider a softer flooring option. For instance, if you like to cook, you may want to think about cork or rubber flooring. In the end, these materials are cheap, easy and they will add a little cushion.