Roaches are by far one of the worst pests when it comes to infestations. Not only do roaches connote uncleanliness – they can also get inside your food and others burrow in your walls, thus causing damage to the structure of your home. When it comes down to it, cockroaches can be difficult to beat – mostly because of their tenacity. There is a reason why they have been around for millions of years – they are immune to a lot of different attack approaches. However, with enough diligence, you can easily control your roach infestation. What you have to remember is that in order to eliminate roaches, you have to eliminate a few others things inside your home: unprotected food, leaks in your walls, and dirt and grime. Moreover, you have to have a sense of resourcefulness. Here is how to effectively get rid of roaches fast.
- Clean your home – roaches don’t appreciate a clean home. The moment that you clean food from your counters and remove dust is the moment that roaches will look for someplace else to hide. When it comes down to it, you also want to be sure to disinfect, because roaches like to spend time in areas that are full of germs.
- Open your blinds – roaches like dark, damp areas. If you open your windows and let the sunlight flood through, the roaches in your home will scurry. Indeed, roaches like to nest in areas that are dark, so if you have plenty of spaces for them to hide, you may have an uncontrollable infestation on your hands. This is why you want to keep your windows and blinds open during the sunniest hours of the day.
- Keep all your foodstuffs in glass containers – roaches are attracted to food that is easy to access. If your food is in glass, not only will the roaches be unable to access the food, it will also be hard to detect. When it comes down to it, things like cereal, flour and other dry foodstuffs should be kept in sealed glass containers. Not only will this prevent roaches, it will also keep the food fresh.
- Call an exterminator – if you want to swiftly get rid of the roaches, you want to hire an extermination company like Forsyth Exterminating to quickly blast the vulnerable areas in your home. These days, exterminators use chemicals that are dangerous for roaches but safe for your home, so you don’t need to worry about leaving your home or getting sick from the toxins.
- Lay out adhesive traps – when you lay these traps out, roaches will have nowhere to go. Of course, you will need to clean up the traps, but they will definitely help control the infestation. You can usually find these traps at your local hardware store. Some supermarkets also carry them. Of course, you can also find them online. In the end, these straps are safe to use, but you have remember to place them strategically – usually in the back of your kitchen counters and near outlets.