Choosing the right kitchen tile requires a combination of creativity, resourcefulness, and a number of other factors. Indeed, if you are planning on retiling your kitchen, you want to think about the style of the kitchen, the color scheme of the kitchen, and even the size of your kitchen. If you don’t think about these things and then tile your kitchen, you may wind up unsatisfied and unhappy. The last thing you want is to have to retile – could you imagine having to remove the tile, select new tile and then start the process all over again? When it comes down to it, retiling is critical for the sake of making sure your home is updated – every few years your home may need fresh tile to keep it looking new and modern. This is critical for your own quality of life and for the resale value of your home. Here is how to choose the right tile for your kitchen floor.
- Make sure to think about the material of the tiles – you want to go with a material you like, but also a material that is right for your home. If you have a more traditional home – perhaps with Tuscan or Spanish accents – you may want to go for a more rustic looking tile. If you have a modern home, you probably want to go for a sleeker material.
- Make sure to think about the size of your tile – do you want large square tiles or small circular ones? Typically, if you visit a supplier like Garden State Tile, you will have a lot of options to choose from. It doesn’t really matter what size you choose, but you do want to think about what small or large tile will look like in your kitchen. If you have a large kitchen, small floor tiles may look a little off. If you have a small kitchen, large tiles may look a little off. What you probably want to do is bring a few sample tiles to your home and see what they look like.
- Make sure to decide whether you want tile for your backsplash or just your floors – or both. Indeed, you may want to choose a different tile for your backsplash. When it comes down to it, you can go for the same style tile, but you may want to have a slightly different look for your backsplash.
- Make sure to decide on a color – usually, brighter colors work better for kitchens. According to studies, red elicits feelings of hunger. However, this preference is up to you. Again, you may want to test what different tile colors look like before you settle on one specific color.
- Make sure to think about the price – some tile can be expensive, but if you are resourceful, you can save a lot of money. The truth of the matter is that if you are on a budget, you may want to find a tile type that is more affordable. In the end, you don’t want to break the bank trying to tile your floors.