Your dream bathroom awaits – if you are tired of your old and dingy bathroom, it is definitely time for an upgrade. The truth of the matter is that most bathrooms are not luxurious. Most have cheap tile in the bathroom and mold growing on the ceiling. If you want to design a dream bathroom, you want to think about all the modern luxuries. If you are on a budget, your bathroom design doesn’t need to sacrifice quality to meet your budget – you just have to get creative. With some do-it-yourself panache and some resourcefulness, you will be able design yourself a beautiful bathroom that you can be proud of.
- Start with the bath – there is a good chance that you want a big bathtub that you can luxuriate in. Of course, if you currently have a bathtub that you love, but want to refinish it, you may want to contact a company like Finish Pro Bathtub Refinishing. When it comes down to it, you want to start with the bathtub because it is a focal point in the bathroom.
- Move on to the color scheme – having a good color scheme will completely transform your bathroom. If the colors in your bathroom aren’t appealing, your bathroom won’t be somewhere that you want to spend time. This is why you want to think of easy going colors, like lavender or some muted colors that are easy on the eyes.
- Choose the accents – after you’ve chosen a color scheme, you can move on to the accent scheme. For instance, do you want a dark metal, stainless steel or a more weathered look? The truth of the matter is that even though these features are accents, they will still be noticeable. This is why you want your accents to match your personal taste and the aesthetic of the home. The last thing you want is for the accents to stand out in a bad way.
- Think about space – after you have your color down and your accents down, you want to think about space. Indeed, space is important. You can easily fill almost your entire bathroom with shelving and other accessories. However, you want to let your bathtub dictate what direction you will go in when it comes to space. If your bathroom is going to be a place where you relax, you want to be sure that there is enough space to let your mind wander and feel comfortable – you don’t want to feel boxed in.
- Lighting – this is perhaps the most important factor, because you most likely want to have a combination of mood lighting and lighting that will allow you to see what you are doing in your bathroom. Indeed, you want to have a light that you can dim for those relaxing baths. However, if you are getting ready in the morning or brushing your teeth at night, you want to have enough light to see. In the end, being practical is important when it comes to lighting your dream bathroom.