Keeping your pool clean and clear all year long is important. Sure, you may not use your pool in the dead of winter, but you will in the summer. If you disregard your pool in the winter, it may not be ready for summer fun. When it comes down to it, there are a lot of ways to keep your pool sparkling clean. What you need to remember is that the water in your pool needs to be protected from germs and debris. If the water is protected, then the filter will be protected and the entire system will work a lot more efficiently. Here is how to keep your pool clean and clear all year long.
- Be sure to have certain cleaning supplies to remove dirt and debris – keeping your pool free of detritus will maintain its cleanliness. One of the ways to keep your pool clean and clear all year long is to stick to a strict schedule of pool cleaning. In order to do this, you will need to visit Royal Swimming Pools to purchase the supplies you need, like pool skimmers.
- Always check the chemical balance of the pool – if it needs to be chlorinated, you want to chlorinate the water before bacteria starts to spread. The truth of the matter is that a swimming pool will simply get murkier and murkier until it is un-swimmable and you have to drain the water. Letting your pool get this dirty can also damage your pool. This is why you want to test the water on a weekly basis to make sure the balance is correct. If it isn’t, you may need to add more chlorine.
- Use an automatic vacuum brush that cleans the algae at the bottom of your pool. Part of your pool cleaning should include vacuuming the bottom of the pool to avoid algae. When it comes down to it, algae can be very messy and it can completely ruin the swimming experience. Some vacuums are automatic and they will clean the bottom of the pool for you.
- Place a cover on your pool to avoid water evaporation – and to prevent mosquito breeding grounds. Water evaporation can be expensive and it can actually cause damage to your pool. When the water evaporates too much, the filter has to work harder than it has to. Placing a cover on your pool will also help prevent your pool from turning into a breeding ground for mosquitoes. This is especially important in the late spring.
- Inspect your filter on a regular basis – it may have an issue that needs to be fixed sooner rather than later. On top of everything, you always want to make sure that your filter is in excellent working condition. If something is wrong, you definitely want to have it fixed right away. Any little problem can become a major problem if you aren’t careful. In the end, inspecting your filter is as easy as shutting it down and taking a look inside – if anything looks amiss, you probably want to call a pool maintenance and repair service to have the issue fixed.